In June 2020 the Southern Policy Centre published ‘Recovery in the central South: collaboration for growth’ the result of a series of online consultations with key players from business, economic development, local authorities, further and higher education and the voluntary sector. The report focused on priorities for economic recovery for the central South in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
After the challenges of 2020, this latest seminar will examine what progress has been made since the publication of our report, explore how the Covid crisis has impacted the central South and discuss how we can address some of the key economic, social, and environmental issues which have arisen from the pandemic.
The seminar will begin with a brief introduction and overview by SPC Director Professor John Denham and we will hear contributions from our cross-sector panel which will focus on topics including:
- Green recovery and sustainable growth
- Strengthening communities
- Young people and skills
- Future of our City Centres
Our speakers will include:
- Professor Mark E. Smith: President and Vice-Chancellor, University of Southampton
- Alison Barnes: CEO New Forest National Park Authority
- Jonathan Cheshire: Chairman of Sail Training International and former Chair of Hampshire & Isle of Wight Community Foundation
- Sarah Stannard: Principal, City College, Southampton
- Daniel Curtis: Partner, Blake Morgan LLP
This on-line event is free to attend and registration is essential. We encourage attendees to bring their comments, ideas, and questions which we will pick up on in the audience Q&A.
Should you have any questions, please contact General Manager Ruth Eastwood (email@example.com).